Saturday, October 26, 2013

Plum and Gold Nails



Fall weather is here, and that means it’s time to bundle up in cozy clothes and paint our nails in equally warm and luxurious tones! With this look, I was inspired by the colours of the changing leaves – the golds and purples especially! 

I’m very happy with how this look turned out! The way the plum polish fades into the gold looks so pretty. And with these fun fingertips, I am able to check the first thing off of my Fall To-Do List! If you’d like to try these out for yourself, here’s how I did it:

1.  Slick on a basecoat (if you have thin, ridged nails like me, I highly recommend Essie’s “Fill the Gap” basecoat. It gives you a perfectly smooth nail surface to work with!)
2. Apply a plum-coloured polish. I used OPI Plum Full of Cheer. Let dry completely.



3. Once the base colour has dried, apply a thin, uneven coat of a metallic gold polish just to the tips (I used OPI Gift of Gold): Use a very small amount of polish – you almost want the brush to be dry so that you get a gentle fade instead of a hard line. Concentrate more of the colour at the tip of your nail, and run the dry brush down from there to extend the colour and get a fade effect.
4. Apply a topcoat and enjoy your sparkly, fall-inspired fingers!



2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I did these nails a couple days ago and I've gotten so many compliments! I want to try red polish with white glitter on the tip for christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking a moment to share your thoughts! Reading your comments makes me jolly :)