DIY Beaded Wrap Bracelets




A little while ago, I fell in love with Chan Luu’s beaded wrap bracelets – they’re so pretty, versatile and they’re perfect for layering! The only thing I didn’t love was the hefty price tag! Fortunately, you can easily make your own for a fraction of the ridiculous retail price. With these DIY beaded wrap bracelets you’ll get the same great look for a whole lot less!



I don't know about you, but shelling out that kind of cash for something I can make myself just outrageous - especially when the DIY version is so easy and looks so legit! Ready to dive in?

You'll Need:



Directions:

Cut your cord a little bit longer than the final length of the bracelet you want to make. Find the halfway point of your cord, fold it there, and tie an overhand knot to make a loop. Be sure that your button will be able to fit snugly through the loop you tied!

Thread your needle, and double up on thread for strength. I used a thread meant for beading, but you can just use regular sewing thread, it works just as well. Work with whatever length of thread you are comfortable with – you’ll have to keep tying on new thread as you run out anyway, so don’t go too long or you’ll have a tangled mess on your hands (I used about 3 feet at a time).

Tie the thread onto the left side of your cord (you can go from the right side if you prefer, but all of my directions go from left to right!). I used the needle to tie my thread up into the knot to keep it nice and secure. To keep your bracelet steady while you work, tape it onto the table at the knot. I like to do a few quick figure 8 stitches with my thread to begin my bracelet, but this is optional.



Now we can add our beads! You will be working in a figure 8 pattern.  To add your first bead, pass your needle over the left cord, and thread on a bead.  Keeping the bead between the two strands, pass the needle under the right cord.  Now, to secure the bead, you’ll go back toward the left – pass your needle up and over the right cord, back through the bead, and under the left cord. Keep doing this, and your beads will begin to line up perfectly!



When you run out of thread, trim it off of the needle, thread a new length of thread onto the needle, and tie the two ends together.  Trim off the excess thread and continue.

When you like the length of your bracelet, stop adding beads and weave a few figure 8s around the two cords.  Tie a knot to secure the end.



Add your button. If your button has 2 holes, you can thread one cord up from the bottom of the button, and back down through the other hole. If you have 4 holes, do this with both cords.  Then, knot it underneath. You might want to add some superglue to your knots to keep them tight, especially if you’re using a slippery leather.



That's it! I'm so excited about how these turned out. There's so many different styles you can try - I'm especially smitten with my leather cord & tiger's eye beaded one!



Enjoy your lovely new bracelet - and make sure to pat yourself on the back for getting designer-quality jewelry at a DIY price. Yay!

Comments

  1. Wow such a good post and blog!
    Really amazing bracelets!

    I am now following you on GFC!
    Would love if you could follow back!

    http://style-memoirs.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow they look so cute!! can't believe you did them yourself!




    xx
    bianca
    www.worryaboutitlater.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw!!! it;s such a great post!!! thanks for sharing!! the DIY bracelet looks super awesome too!! totally love it!!! :)
    great post!! wanna follow each other? let me know dear.. I'll follow back immediately!!♥

    http://www.stylecompetiter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great DIY! I've always wanted to learn how to make these and I finally know how. They look more complicated than what they actually are!

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Wanna follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin? it would be very nice. just let me know and I'll follow you back asap! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks as good as the original one! I love it ^^
    I'm also following your blog! :)


    Fashionably Sparkly

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there,
    nice post and pics, would you like to follow each other?
    let me know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks For Sharing...
    After seeing the accessories can't stop from buying...
    Nice to wear and looks pretty after that...
    Trendy arm candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love all of your bracelet DIY’s! I’ll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this! I love making beaded jewelry and I've wanted to try making a beaded wrap bracelet! Can't wait to get started! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this blog but I find it easier to buy them from florencescoveljewelry.com. They are only $9.99

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely easier! But I think it's worth it to be able to make your own. It's more fun, plus you get to create something that is beautiful and uniquely suited to you!

      Delete
  12. love them! Simple and addorable...

    Order top quality custom rubber wristbands from professionals. At First Class Wristbands, we make sure to offer best quality wristbands at affordable prices. You can easily order wristband of any colour printed with a text of your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really thanks for sharing! Can you also make on and send it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful DIY trick! I think I want to make some soon at home. Keep spreading good vibe, xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you SO much for a clear tutorial with fab pics! Going to make one right now for my daughter's birthday! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gemstone Bracelets, Wrap Bracelets Shop for fashionable and unique women & jewelry online at Couture Bar. Check out the new 2017 bohemian spring/summer collection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking a moment to share your thoughts! Reading your comments makes me jolly :)

Popular Posts